Thursday, November 19, 2009

The change in representation of women in modern culture over time, from a social and political aspect?

The change in representation of women in modern culture over time, from a social and political aspect?


For my college media work I am researching the idea of doing the aforementioned subject. However, I was wondering what main text (film, magazine, article etc) I could focus my essay on. I woukd appreciate any ideas on which text you think would offer the most stimulus etc? Or any general advice and info? thanks!

The change in representation of women in modern culture over time, from a social and political aspect?
I can't think about a specific movie or text. But I would try to discuss the progression of women in U.S. politics over the last 50 years. You can talk about the first ladies for example. Jackie-O in the 60s was mainly on the side of her husband, silent and waving her hand. And then you have Betty Ford %26amp; all her work for women's rights. And now we have Hilary Clinton running for president!

crowns

No comments:

Post a Comment